Thursday, December 17, 2020

This is 2020, Signing Off!

Usually over the course of the year I have an opportunity to take a break from my blog. Typically whenever I'm on vacation I won't write anything. This has been a pretty long year and with the exception of a 'one off' here and there I haven't had much in terms of vacation time. It is in that spirit of rest and relaxation I am announcing this will be my final blog post of 2020. Taking this one small thing off my plate for a couple of weeks is going to be refreshing! I don't know about you, but I am about ready for 2020 to be over! 

It has been my great honor to lead this district through what has been a very unique year. In spite of the challenges this year has brought, I am certain that I have grown because of them. When I am in the twilight of my career I am sure to look back and find some blessings from this crazy time in our collective history. I believe you can as well. 

I have no doubt that 2021 will be better, and brighter days are on the horizon. 

If you can do me one favor in the interim, I would greatly appreciate it. Take a moment to thank your child's teacher, coach, principal, cook, secretary, custodian, bus driver, paraprofessional or school board member. They have had to deal with a lot this year, and worked in conditions that aren't always sunshine and daisies. I'm not sure you are aware of this, but that one 'thing' or procedure that you advocated for? You know, the one that [did/did not] happen? The other person involved was just as passionate in their advocacy for the exact opposite.

Our new employees this year deserve a little extra love. I can promise you this: when they decided to become teachers they most certainly didn't expect their first year to look like this. Over the last couple of weeks I have had an opportunity to visit with each of them individually. Frankly I couldn't be prouder of the way they are performing. I hope you are too. 

Don't worry, I'll be back in January with all new and exciting content. Right out of the gate I am looking forward to unveiling my 'One Word' for 2021. I'm also planning a recap of all the good things we had happen in 2020 (there were some), and of course the legislative session begins so there will be a whole series on that. One of the subjects I have planned relatively early is the importance of the IASAP and I have some thoughts on that I am eager to share. I know you can't wait! 

2020 may not have been great, but you know what? It's still great to be a Pirate! So on behalf of all of us here in Pirate Nation, Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment