Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Spring Break!

I hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing and warm spring break.  We have really lucked out this year with our weather!  I can't remember it ever being this warm.  It is pretty quiet around the district this week, the custodial staff is using this time to catch up on some cleaning projects and maintenance items that can't easily be completed when students are in session.  Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be out of the district participating as a team member in a Department of Education site accreditation visit at a neighboring school district.  This will provide valuable information for us as we plan for our own accreditation visit a year from now.  District offices will open at 2:00 on Tuesday afternoon in anticipation of the bid letting for our construction projects which is scheduled for 3:00.  If you are interested in learning more about these projects, I encourage you to attend.  On Wednesday at noon I will be the guest speaker at the Chamber of Commerce monthly luncheon.  Looking forward to a great conversation with Hudson's business leaders.  I will be taking a couple of vacation days on Thursday and Friday this week, so the office will not be open at all.  If you need to contact me, you are encouraged to send an email at avoss@hudson.k12.ia.us or a direct message via twitter @AnthonyDVoss.  Have an awesome spring break and I look forward to seeing you all next week!

Mr. Deppe tells me that there are over 7,000 plant in various stages in the greenhouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment